image and recipe via: martha stewart
tomato, corn and avocado salad
- 1 ear corn (husk and silk removed; tip cut off)
- 2 pints cherry, grape, or pear tomatoes, halved (or quartered if large)
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, such as safflower
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- stand ear in a large wide bowl; with a sharp knife, carefully slice downward to release the kernels. discard cob.
- add tomatoes, avocado, scallions, lime juice, and oil to bowl.
- season with salt and pepper, and toss gently to combine.