Pages

8.01.2011

what's on your nightstand: yours truly

back in january i promised that i'd post my current nightstand once we were settled into our then new apartment. the time has come and i am so excited to share it with you!



we don't have a headboard so we improvised by hanging four painted wood panels from target. the nightstand was a gift from a neighbor, we decided to paint it white and swap drawer hardware and since it doesn't have a shelf/cabinet storage i tuck a big basket beneath to hold my collection of books and magazines.




i've been collecting thrift/flea market treasures for our place since before we moved in. my floral lamp was a goodwill find topped with a basic target drum lampshade. my wooden/capiz shell pedestal dish was a thrift shop find - it's perfect for holding my favorite ban.do heart pin, hair pins and jewelry. the little jewelry box is from my childhood, it opens up with a twirling ballerina playing "somewhere over the rainbow" and the milk glass vase was another goodwill purchase.



and here's a better look at the "headboard" wall. our bed and both of our nightstands (jason now uses my old one) fit snugly (seriously wall to wall) in our little space. the throw pillows are from target and world market and the duvet cover was a thrift store snag originally from pottery barn. aaaand p.s. i hate making the bed...this undone look is about as tidy as it gets.

there you have it friends. my thrifty little bedroom.

3 comments:

Ana Oh said...

Love it! I love the soft colors and simplicity of it all. It has so much character, yet it is 'simply' serene.

Aki said...

My night stand is a mess...always! I should follow your lead and keep it simple!

Kelsey M. said...

This is so lovely! I adore your bead spread and love the lamp.

Post a Comment

LINKWITHIN

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...